Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sibling Brag-fest

My two younger siblings have a history of flourishing on stage. When my brother Zack was in high school he participated in a couple of different plays that his school put on. I don't have a picture of him in I Remember Mama, but if you're at all familiar with the play (which I was not), he was Uncle Chris, the eccentric uncle who saved the family.


A picture of Zack and his proud older sister his senior year when he participated in A Midsummer Night's Dream:


He was Puck, the mischievous imp who casts spells to cause confusion and consternation among the fairies and love-struck humans wandering around the forest at night.


My little sister Abby has followed closely in Zack's footsteps, but I think it safe to say her interest in theater has surpassed Zack's.


This is me with Abby last year, when she played Cosette in her school's production of Les Miserables:




We drove up to Minnesota this weekend to see Abby play Babe, a strong-willed, independent woman, in The Pajama Game. She's a sophomore in high school, 15 years old, and I will repeat: she loves being on stage. 




Notice how, in these pictures, I'm always the proud sibling watching performances. I was not talented in that way when I was in high school (nor am I that way now)!


Abby also has a beautiful singing voice (which is partly why she's ended up with one of the lead female roles in school musicals for the past two years). Since I'm bragging her up already, here's a video snippet of her singing "Remember Me" in her high school's Fine Arts night this past school year (so, she's 15):



 I don't think the gene pool was fair, and I'm always jealous when I hear her sing. I feel vicariously blessed by the talent God has given my sister. And brother. 


Brag, brag, brag!

No comments:

Post a Comment