Hello out there! It's me, the host of this blog! I know you haven't heard from me in a while and have probably stopped believing that I exist.
I probably am still going to be mostly silent for a while, but my two grad school classes are ending within the next two weeks and then I will be down to just-school crazy busy instead of school-plus-grad-school crazy busy until the beginning of February.
There are lots of things I would write about now if I had time:
1. Why I love my students (because it's super important for me to try to find positive right now)
2. Anxiety and how I almost quit teaching (which is what leads up to number 1 being number 1 in this list)
3. How being a teacher made me question my desire to be a parent (which is also what leads up to number 1 being so important)
4. Why rolling yourself up like a burrito in the class rug doesn't help solve your problems
5. How a bruised thumb reminds me I am not a patient person
6. How to get kids to interact in a positive way with the kid who eats his boogers (honestly, I'm looking for ideas here)
7. Finding teacher mentors and why that's been great for me
8. Hey! I love to read, cook, and even do dishes on occasion! I had forgotten.
9. My astonishing list of crochet and sewing projects for Christmas and New Year break
10. Why I'm thankful I'm experiencing my first year of teaching surrounded by friends and family (even if I never see them)
I wish I had time to write all these blogs now. Maybe over Christmas break. Or maybe when my grad school classes are done for the semester. I don't know. I know they would all be good for me to write. Therapeutic or something. Anyway, I am still here, still teaching.
Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone!