Monday, August 22, 2011

An Epilogue to an Anniversary Date

I have been away at a family gathering over the weekend or I would have shared my anniversary date epilogue sooner.

Because our anniversary date was almost a week ago and, frankly, old news, I only bring it up now to brag on the selflessness and patience of my husband.

At the risk of sounding a little bit unstable, I would like to share a secret about my imagination.

Under certain circumstances, it cannot be stopped.

Any combination of these certain circumstances may or may not cause my imagination to run rampant; that’s how tricky it is.

These circumstances are:
1) an event that causes my routine to deviate widely from the norm
2) caffeine overstimulation
3) an intense or scary movie that shatters my fragile nerves

By celebrating our anniversary, all of these conditions were neatly met:
1) I left work early, we got dressed up, and we drove to a far-away neighboring city to celebrate an anniversary.
2) We ate a deliciously heavy piece of chocolate cake filled with chunks of Kaluha chocolate at the restaurant.
3) We decided on our way home to rent and watch a new Redbox movie as a way to relax and enjoy the last few hours of our anniversary celebration.

I’m not even going to say what movie we rented because I know that the majority of people who have seen this movie were most likely not phased by it in the least. Suffice it to say, it was a ‘thinking’ movie.

And when I couldn’t fall asleep later that night because of all of the unwelcome ‘thinking’ my imagination was doing, my husband was patient enough to be woken up at 1:00 in the morning without a fuss and rub my arm for a while to help me relax.

In fact, he had the opportunity to display his exemplary patience and self-sacrifice a second time when he was awoken at 1:00 in the morning the following night by a wife who could not seem to shake the effects of that oh-so-griping Redbox movie.

Yes, I am very, very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment