Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hosting is Tricky on a Sugar Detox

 I don't mean the hosting itself is tricky on our sugar detox, but deciding what to feed our guests is tricky. Do we stick rigidly to our detox rules and force our guests to participate? Or do we fudge our detox guidelines and give our guests a more enjoyable dining experience? 


Main and side dishes haven't been too hard, but desserts have been. I'm new enough to cooking on a sugar-restrictive diet that I can't stick to our rules and feed our guests delicious desserts at the same time.


I think we came close with a black bean grain-free brownie recipe that I found a few weeks ago, but the texture still gives the recipe away as healthier than your average brownie.


Ah, well. Either way, we have enjoyed spending the weekend with Husband's parents at our house! Husband and his dad fixed a few pesky problems around our house (a door that didn't latch well, a finicky light switch, and a sticking drawer). We enjoyed introducing them to the joys of playing Dominion and Alhambra, and they treated me to Chinese food for my birthday. Crab rangoon. Mmmm. 


I was reminded yet again that there is abundant joy to be found in the little things.


Wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment